Directions 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Advertisement 2 Arrange English muffin halves, cut-side up, on a baking sheet. Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons pizza sauce onto each English muffin; top with mozzarella cheese. 3 Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
How do you keep English muffin pizza from getting soggy?
The key to keeping your English muffin pizza from getting soggy is toasting the English muffin halves BEFORE placing the sauce, cheese, and toppings on them. If you don’t toast the bread ahead of time the sauce tends to get soaked into the bread and it never crisps up during baking.
How do you make muffins not soggy?
The key lies in the prep and the sauce. First, you absolutely need to toast your muffin slowly. This will dry the muffin a bit more and make it less likely to get soggy. Because the muffin has all of those signature “nooks and crannies”, there is just so much room for the sauce to go and make soggy.
How do you toast English muffins in the oven?
To toast English muffins in oven, follow these simple steps:
- Prepare the oven.
- Cut your muffins crosswise in half.
- Arrange them in a thick baking sheet, cut-side down.
- Set them at the center of the oven rack.
- Brush the muffins with butter.
- Put them in the oven and bake until they are pale golden.
How do you warm up English muffins?
The best way to heat up an English Muffin is to toast it using either a toaster or a grill to brown each side of the muffin to produce a crispier texture along with more flavour which you get from toasting.
Who invented English muffin pizzas?
Who invented English muffin pizza? Samuel Bath Thomas can be credited for creating the English muffin back in the 1800s.
Do English muffins have to be cooked?
This may surprise you, but English muffins are actually cooked on a griddle; they’re only finished in the oven. Make sure the griddle is on medium low—if the muffins cook too fast, they’ll darken quickly and be uncooked and gummy inside.
Why do English muffins need to be toasted?
Toasting English muffins in the oven is such a great idea. It’s the best method for those that want a crispy exterior and a soft interior. Not only that, but it’s the ideal method for when you want to add toppings such as cheese, cooked bacon, veggies, and more.
Why do English muffins take longer to toast?
One is moisture content. The bread is sliced, and even if it is all lined up slice to slice in the bag the surface of the bread has a chance to dehydrate a little. Before the bread can brown it has to lose moisture which takes a lot of energy.
What do you put on top of English muffins?
What Are Yummy & Healthy Things to Put on an English Muffin?
- Eggs and Vegetables. A moist, poached or scrambled egg atop an English muffin adds flavor and nutrition.
- Cheese and Cottage Cheese. Low-fat cheese, like part-skim mozzarella and low-fat semi soft cheeses, are nutrient-dense toppings.
- Peanut Butter.
- Lean Meats.
Can you toast an English muffin in a pan?
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Butter both halves of the English muffin. Place them nook-and-cranny side down in the skillet and place a plate or a pot on top (this helps the muffin stay in contact with the hot pan and get evenly toasted).
Can you put English muffins in the microwave?
The answer is YES. You can microwave English muffins.
Do Brits eat English muffins?
English muffins are an essential breakfast bread, and they serve as the foundation of what’s arguably the finest brunch dish in the land: eggs Benedict.
Are crumpets and English muffins the same?
Crumpets are cooked from a batter, but English muffins differ because they’re made from a dough (more like a bread). Crumpets are mainly cooked on one side and have a distinctive bubbly appearance, whereas English muffins are beautifully uniformed.
What do the English call English muffins?
English muffins are referred to simply as muffins in Britain. The U.S.-style muffins (a sweet quickbread) are sometimes referred to as American muffins, American-style muffins, or sweet muffins but usually only for clarity or branding purposes.
Why are my English muffins wet?
Regardless, it’s a perpetual problem that if they aren’t eaten quickly enough, condensation builds up inside the plastic and the tops get damp/soggy.
What makes English muffins different from bread?
Basic Nutritional Information. English muffins are slightly lower in calories than bread, at 127 calories per muffin versus 157 calories in two slices of wheat bread. For both foods, the majority of these calories come from carbohydrates, an efficient source of fuel for your brain, muscles and other tissues.
Why do some English muffins need to be refrigerated?
Why are BAYS® English Muffins sold in the refrigerated case at the grocery store? BAYS® English Muffins follow an authentic recipe. Our English muffins are refrigerated in order to maintain not only their freshness, but also the consistently light and crispy texture that English muffin connoisseurs seek.
Can you freeze English muffin pizza?
To Freeze: This is the best method for making your English Muffin Pizza ahead. Toast your English muffin halves as directed and top as desired. Lay the English Muffin Pizzas topping side up on a parchment-lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
How do you reheat English muffin pizza in the microwave?
To reheat English Muffin Pizza in the toaster oven, heat your toaster oven to 400 degrees F and place your English Muffin Pizzas in the toaster oven for 4 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Microwave. I do not recommend cooking English Muffin Pizza in the microwave fully, as the bottoms will become soggy.
How to cook English muffins in the oven?
Directions. Place the English muffin halves cut side up onto a baking sheet. Spoon some of the pizza sauce onto each one. Top with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the cheese is melted and browned on the edges. Learn this new technique of cooking steak!
English Muffin Pizza
This article was published on August 26, 2019 and was updated on August 27, 2019. A quick and simple meal for kids (and adults!) alike, English Muffin Pizza is a hit. Pizza sandwiches prepared with english muffins and topped with your favorite pizza toppings make a delicious after-school snack or game day appetizer!
English Muffin Pizza
- English Muffin Pizza is a fun after school snack for youngsters or a simple appetizer for your next game day party.
- English muffins that have been toasted and topped with tomato sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, and your favorite pizza toppings are served.
- This easy pizza recipe is a classic that is suitable for children of all ages.
- That may be baked in the oven, toasted in the toaster oven, or even fried in the microwave oven!
- When I was a youngster, English muffin pizzas were one of my favorite foods to make.
- We prepared them as a quick and easy snack after school when we got home from school.
- They were one of the first things my sister and I learnt to make for ourselves.
- Please keep in mind that this content may contain affiliate links.
- As a result, if you click on a link and make a purchase, we may earn a small fee.
- Thank you very much!
- It doesn’t get much easier than these straightforward English muffin pizzas.
In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to bake them in the oven, but you can also make them in a toaster oven or even in the microwave if you don’t want to subject your children to the heat of the oven.Then simply cook them until the cheese is melted and you’re ready to serve!
How to Make English Muffin Pizza:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Open the English muffins and arrange them on a baking sheet with the cut side facing up.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake the English muffins for 5-6 minutes, or until they are beginning to brown around the edges. Note: If you like, you may toast them in the toaster until they are beginning to brown instead.
- Place 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce on each plate, followed by 1 ounce of cheese and 5 little pepperonis. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Re-heat the baking sheet for 5–8 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and set it aside to cool for a few minutes before serving.
How Do You Keep an English Muffin Pizzas from Getting Soggy?
- Toasting the English muffin halves before adding the sauce, cheese, and toppings to your English muffin pizza is essential to preventing your English muffin pizza from becoming soggy.
- The sauce tends to seep into the bread if it is not pre-toasted, and it never crisps up during baking if it is not pre-toasted.
- Place the muffin halves in the oven or toaster oven for a few minutes to toast until they are golden brown before adding the sauce.
- After that, you may start adding your sauce and toppings.
Looking for More Delicious Pizza Recipes?
- Slow Cooker Pizza Soup with Balsamic Glazed Chicken
- Balsamic Glazed Chicken Pizza
- Lasagna French Bread Pizza
- Lasagna French Bread Pizza Casserole
- Pizza Skewers
- Pizza Tots
- Mexican Pizza
- Fruit Pizza
- Red, White and Blue Fruit Pizza
- Dessert Pizza
Do you enjoy this recipe? Make sure to follow us on Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious recipes just like this one!
English Muffin Pizza
- A quick and simple meal for kids (and adults!) alike, English Muffin Pizza is a hit. A delicious after-school snack or game day appetizer, mini pizzas baked with English muffins and topped with your favorite pizza toppings are a must-try! 20 little pepperonis (2 English Muffins)
- 14 cup Pizza Sauce
- 4 ounces Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 English Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Open the english muffins and set them on a baking pan with the sliced side facing up
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and bake the english muffins for 5-6 minutes, or until they are beginning to brown around the edges
- Place 1 tablespoon sauce on each pizza, followed by 1 ounce cheese and 5 tiny pepperonis, and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and bake for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted completely.
- Allow for a few minutes of cooling time after removing from the oven before serving.
- 205 calories, 15 grams of carbohydrates, 11 grams of protein, 11 grams of fat, 5 grams of saturated fat Cholesterol: 33mg, Sodium: 566mg, Potassium: 137mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 258IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 158mg, Iron: 1mg, Calcium: 158mg Nutrition Disclaimer: We are not registered dietitians or nutritionists.
- The nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is only an approximation.
- They are created using an online API that identifies the names and quantities of the ingredients and performs calculations depending on the serving size.
- It is possible that different people will have different results.
Subscribe to get notifications of new postings by email:
English Muffin Pizza
- Over the course of 40 years, I’ve been baking them for my family.
- If I have some bagels on hand, I’ll use those as well.
- In addition, any high-quality spaghetti sauce in a jar will do the trick.
- And I prepare it with a variety of meats and vegetables sautéed in olive oil.
- This is a fantastic way to use up leftovers and clear out the fridge!
- Experiment with different toppings on your pizza and see what works best for you.
- Here is the procedure I prefer to use: Lightly toast the muffin or bagel to prevent them from becoming soggy.
- If you’re cooking for a large group, spread the sauce over top and bake in the toaster oven or conventional oven.
- Allow sauce to get somewhat bubbling.
- Now, add your favorite toppings to finish it off.
- Place the container back for a couple of minutes.
Now add the cheese on top.That which keeps everything together is referred to as the ″glue.″ The following cheeses are recommended: mozzarella, monterey jack, parmesan, goat, and brie.Return the cheese to the oven until it is as warm and bubbling as you wish!It will just take a minute or two because they are quite hot!In addition, you don’t want to burn your tongue.
Get creative and have a good time!Suitable for children and as a warm passed appetizer.I’ve also used a gas grill and a bonfire to prepare this dish.
How to Make English Muffin Pizzas Perfectly Every Time – MMM
- Learn how to create English muffin pizzas, a simple and kid-friendly meal that even the youngest members of the family can assist with.
- The kids will eat them up if you serve them with their favorite pizza toppings.
- One dinner you can whip up on the spur of the moment and be confident that no one will object to!
- Published for the first time on December 27, 2018 and last updated on June 19, 2020.
- When I was younger, my mother gave me a Polly Pocket cookbook for youngsters.
- That particular cookbook was a personal favorite of mine.
- I’m quite sure it’s a big part of why I like cooking so much and why I choose to cook with my children so frequently.
English muffin pizza – the perfect kid recipe
- One of the recipes in this small pink Step-into-Reading book was for English Muffin Pizzas, which was one of the dishes I tried. My brother and I were instantly smitten with them and requested that they be made on a regular basis. Partially because they were fantastic, and partially because we simply enjoyed pizza a great deal overall. Perhaps the most attractive aspect of these is that the most basic version can be made with items you already have at home (most likely): English muffins
- tomato sauce (I prefer to use a vegetable spaghetti sauce that isn’t obvious)
You’ve got yourself a mini-personal pizza that even a preschooler can create in no time. Which leads us to the most important question for everybody who has ever attempted to make an English muffin:
How do you make English muffin pizzas not soggy?
The preparation and the sauce are critical components.
- First and foremost, you must toast your muffin gently and carefully. This will help to dry out the muffin a little more and reduce the likelihood of it becoming soggy. There’s just so much area for the sauce to go and make the muffin soggy since the muffin has all of those distinctive ″nooks and crannies.″
- The second need is a thick sauce. If you’re using jarred sauce or spaghetti sauce, all you have to do is heat it up in a skillet for a few minutes to reduce the amount of liquid in it. If you don’t, that liquid can make your pizza soggy
- keep the sauce to a minimum! I try to use roughly 1.5 teaspoons of sauce per muffin half while making this recipe. A pizza with too much sauce is a nasty pizza.
Those are, in fact, the essential ingredients for a fantastic small pizza. The only thing left to do is make sure you don’t overdo it with the sauce once you’ve got the thick sauce and the crispy muffin. An English muffin will only go soggy if you allow it to sit for an excessive amount of time after baking. As a result, I urge that you consume them as soon as they come out of the oven.
What to put on English Muffin Pizzas:
- Here are some suggestions for toppings that you might use. Make sure that everything you use is on the little side, especially if you want it to cook for a short period of time. Pepperoni, ground, cooked sausage, chopped pepper, chopped onion, extra Parmesan cheese, pineapple, olives, mushrooms, and a variety of other toppings
If your children are a little more daring than mine, you can use almost any type of topping on their pizza. But, once again, don’t go overboard with the cheese and toppings — 2 tablespoons of cheese and 1.5-2 teaspoons of toppings appears to be the sweet spot in my book.
How to make English Muffin Pizzas
So without further ado, let us get down to the nitty gritty of how to make the ideal English muffin pizza.
Preparing the base
It’s a really basic method, but if you follow the steps exactly, you’ll have great results in no time.
- Prepare your oven by preheating it to 450 degrees. Then, using the tines of a fork, divide the muffins and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Place the muffins in the oven to toast for about 3 minutes, or until the muffins feel dry but do not have any visible golden browning. If you go too far, it’s not the end of the world, but it’s a bad situation.
- While you’re waiting, have your garnishes ready to go. Your garnishes should be more modest in size. If at all feasible, chop them as fine as possible. The pizzas will only be in the oven for a short period of time.
How to assemble English Muffin Pizzas
When your muffins are done toasting, create an assembly line with the sauce, cheese, and toppings to help the process go more quickly and efficiently.
- First, apply 1.5-2 teaspoons of sauce over the muffin evenly, filling the whole cut side of the muffin with sauce
- next, top with 2-3 tablespoons of cheese of your choosing
- and last, bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Last but not least, add 1.5-2 teaspoons of your favorite toppings. If preferred, sprinkle a pinch of dried oregano and a sprinkling of freshly grated Parmesan cheese over the top.
Bake for 5-6 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling, before removing from the oven and serving. Serve your delicious English Muffin Pizzas as soon as possible!
Perfect English Muffin Pizzas Everytime
These little pizzas are so simple to prepare that even a child could do it! These simple, kid-friendly pizzas are easy to cook and make a great lunch, snack, or even supper! They are very customisable to what your family prefers. If you like this dish, I’d appreciate it if you could give it a five-star rating.
How to Make English Muffin Pizzas
- English muffin pizzas are a simple, kid-friendly meal that the whole family can participate in. The kids will eat them up if you serve them with their favorite pizza toppings. Preparation time: 1 minute Preparation time: 10 minutes Time allotted: 11 minutes Servings 2 slices of pizza 97 kcal in calories 1 English muffin
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese or more
- 1/4 cup toppings of choice
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- English muffins should be separated and placed on a baking pan. Heat oven to 350°F and bake for 3-5 minutes, or until just faintly browned.
- Removing the muffins from the oven and spreading half of the sauce on each side before assembling with the cheese and other toppings
- Cook for another 5-6 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Allow for a minute or two of cooling time before enjoying!
Nutritional Values Method of Preparation for English Muffin Pizzas Amount Per Serving Calories 97 * Percent Daily Values are calculated based on a 2000 calorie diet. Okay, so tell me whether you have a favorite book as a youngster that you cherished. On the subject of the cookbook, I’m really considering purchasing it off of eBay.
Looking for more kid friendly pizza recipes?
Pizza Chicken — a 15-minute supper with only four ingredients! Pizza Bagels: How to Make Them — with Healthy Pizza Bagel Alternatives! Cheesey Low Carb Pizza Casserole – spaghetti squash pizza casserole with mozzarella cheese
English Muffin Pizza
- In order to continue this week’s (unintentional, but very welcome) theme of delicious childhood dishes you may have forgotten you adore: English Muffin Pizza is on the menu!
- Whole wheat English muffins are split in half and covered with the pizza sauce of your choosing (tomato, pesto, or alfredo, for example).
- After being coated with cheese and topped with your favorite pizza toppings, English Muffin Pizza is a quick, nutritious dinner that can be made completely to your liking.
- You have a reason to make an English Muffin Pizza, whether you are looking for guaranteed-to-please meals for picky eaters, quick and healthy dinners for back-to-school nights, or you are a grown up looking to cook yourself something a) aesthetically pleasing and b) exceptionally low-maintenance and you are a grown up.
- Alternatively, you may simply have really wonderful recollections of the jingle from the Pizza Bagels advertisements and wish to take a minute to reminisce your youth (such as, say, me!).
- These English Muffin Pizzas were also a success with the crowd.
- In addition, there’s pizza.
- Pizza night equals a good time.
- It’s a rule of mathematics.
- (I also recommend cooking this Burrata Pizza for a pizza night that you have coming up.) Making English Muffin Pizzas is a great way to entertain toddlers, as well as the busy parents who prepare them, as well as my fellow children of the 1990s (did anyone else grow up with these?
- ), and for anyone else who wants to put a smile on their face when they take a bite of their dinner tonight.
The English Muffin Pizza will put a grin on your face.
About English Muffin Pizza
- It’s possible that some of you did not spend as much time in the frozen area of the grocery store as I did during my childhood in the 1990s; but, English Muffin Pizza was inspired by the legendary pizza bagels that I used to ask my mother to put into her shopping cart for us (apologies if that song is in your head now).
- The English Muffin Pizza of today is a fresh, nutritious take on a classic food that is greatly enjoyed.
- From the viewpoint of history, English muffins are a unique twist on a classic dish!
- They originated as a spin on the traditional English crumpet and have been sold in some form in the United States since the late 1850s (they were called toaster crumpets then).
- Pizza bagels didn’t appear on the scene for another 100 years, and there are really two competing claims as to who was the first to create them.
- The first alleged iteration was a pizza served on a half bagel that had been baked without a hole…which is similar to an English muffin in shape and size.
- Is it possible that this is the very first version of the English Muffin Pizza?
- English Muffin Pizza, no matter where it originated, fulfills the desire for quick, snackable, kid-friendly, and gratifyingly cheesy comfort food.
- English Muffin Pizzas may be made ahead of time and reheated in a variety of ways to suit your taste.
- Please see below for instructions on how to create English Muffin Pizzas ahead of time, as well as suggestions on how to cook them in the oven, toaster oven, grill, air fryer, and (in a pinch) the microwave.
How to Make English Muffin Pizza
- Cooking these English muffins in the oven (or toaster oven!) right away or freezing them for later is the same process regardless of whether you bake them right away or freeze them.
- The components for this dish are similar to those used in traditional pizza.
- Consider your favorite pizzas, whether they’re classic or outrageous, and use this recipe as a starting point for whatever combination of sauce, cheese, and toppings you like.
- English Muffins are a type of muffin that originated in England.
- We used this as a substitute for the pizza dough.
- Because these English Muffin Pizzas are created from scratch and are intended to be healthy, I recommend using whole grain English muffins with as little processed ingredients and added sugars as you can find.
Because they do not include preservatives to keep them shelf-stable, the least processed English Muffins are frequently found in the freezer department, so be sure to look there as well. Sauce. You may use whatever type of pizza sauce you like!
- Topping our English Muffin Pizza with tomato sauce was a nice touch.
- This summer, English Muffin Pizza with pesto sauce would be refreshing and appropriate for the season.
- Try an English Muffin Pizza with alfredo sauce for a more decadent variation (this creamy pumpkin pasta sauce is a healthy spin on the alfredo option).
- Another option is to go all out and make an English Muffin Pizza topped with BBQ sauce (this homemade barbecue sauce is particularly excellent).
- Make an English Muffin Pizza using fresh mozzarella for the most traditional method, however this is by no means the only choice you have available.
- This dish is adaptable, and it’s a fantastic way to experiment with different cheeses or to use up any leftover cheese from other recipes that you might have in your refrigerator.
To make an all-American take on English Muffin Pizza (which goes great with BBQ sauce! ), use cheddar cheese instead of ricotta for an Italian twist (which goes great with pesto), or make a combination of the two. Toppings. Anything goes in this place! We had some mini-pepperonis left over from my Zucchini Pizza Boats, so that’s what we used for this dish.
- Try English Muffin Pizza with sausage for a meat-lovers’ take on the classic (or sausage and pepperoni).
- Do you want to do anything enjoyable?
- Make an English Muffin Pizza with pineapple and ham for a taste of the islands (this version would be yummy with BBQ sauce oo).
- One of my favorite aspects of this English Muffin Pizza dish is how adaptable it is to a variety of situations.
- Each member of your family can personalize his or her own space according to their preferences.
- Because the recipe is simple, it is a fun way to include your children in the kitchen—which is especially useful if you are cooking English Muffin Pizza for toddlers and hope that they would eat a piece of it.
The Key to Avoiding Soggy English Muffin Pizza
Aside from narrowing down all of the delectable topping options, the most difficult aspect of creating English Muffin Pizza is ensuring that it does not turn out soggy.
The key to making English Muffin Pizza not soggy is toasting the English muffins before you add the sauce or toppings.
- It is not necessary to completely toast the English muffins.
- An additional few minutes in the oven will form a gently toasted surface barrier that will enable some of the sauce to absorb, but not all of it.
- In order to ensure that your finished English Muffin Pizza is delightfully crisp without being dry or cracker-like, follow the instructions below.
- However, your handmade English Muffin Pizza will taste WAY better and be better for you as well as the frozen pizza snack that inspired them.
Final Recipe Steps
- After you’ve toasted your English muffins, you’ll be ready to top them with your favorite toppings and bake them. I pre-toast the English muffins before adding the toppings and baking them all at the same time on the same baking pan for convenience. It’s one-pan cooking at its finest with this recipe. English muffins should be spread with a sauce of your choosing.
- Any and all chosen toppings should be sprinkled on
- English Muffin Pizzas should be baked for 10 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, or until the cheese is melted and the English muffins are gently brown around the edges.
Make-Ahead English Muffin Pizza – How to Prep Now, Store, and Eat Later
Despite the fact that these simple English Muffin Pizzas are perfect for quick dinners, you can also prepare them ahead of time to make supper even faster. The greatest results will be obtained by freezing them.
Make Ahead and Reheating Directions – Oven Method
- To Freeze: Freezing your English Muffin Pizza is the most effective option for creating it ahead of time. Toast your English muffin halves according to package directions and top with whatever you choose. Place the English Muffin Pizzas, topping side up, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for at least 2 hours before serving. Place the pizzas in a freezer-safe container, separating layers of English Muffin Pizzas with parchment paper, and freeze until totally frozen.
- Reheating from Frozen: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (180 degrees C). Place your frozen English Muffin Pizza on a baking sheet with the toppings facing up and bake for 15 minutes. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are completely cooked
- To store in the refrigerator, arrange your English Muffin Pizzas in a single layer in an airtight container with the toppings facing up for up to 1 week.
Alternative Cooking Methods
- Oven with a toaster setting. A smaller batch of English Muffin Pizzas will be perfect for this recipe! If you want to create English Muffin Pizza in a toaster oven, preheat your toaster oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and follow the recipe directions for prepping English muffin halves with olive oil, as described above. Place the English muffin halves in the toaster oven for 2 to 3 minutes, depending on how large they are. Then, using your favorite ingredients, top the English Muffin Pizza and put it back in the toaster oven to bake for another few minutes. 13 to 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the sides of the muffin are gently brown, should be plenty. Alternatively, you may reheat English Muffin Pizzas in the toaster oven by preheating the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and placing the English Muffin Pizzas in the toaster oven for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted
- or you can microwave them. Cooking English Muffin Pizza in the microwave for the entire time is not recommended since the bottoms will become soggy. For those times when you don’t have access to an oven (for example, if you’re reheating leftovers for lunch at the workplace), you may reheat your baked goods in the microwave. Prepare a microwave safe-plate by lining it with a paper towel (this will absorb some of the moisture and deter the English Muffin Pizza from becoming soggy). Warm on a medium heat, just until the cheese is melted, and then grill the dish. When you’re ready to create your English Muffin Pizza on the grill, put your grill to low heat and arrange the English muffin halves on the grill rack. Cook for around 15 minutes on each side. Gently cook the halves, keeping an eye on them, until they are somewhat crispy and browned. Remove the burgers from the grill as soon as possible and top with your favorite sauce, cheese, and toppings. Use nonstick cooking spray to coat a sheet of aluminum foil large enough to accommodate the half-sized English Muffin Pizzas and place it on the grill to cook. Place your English Muffin Pizza halves on a piece of aluminum foil with the toppings facing up. Close the grill and cook the pizzas for 3 to 4 minutes, checking on them regularly during the process. Once the cheese has melted, take the pizzas from the grill and serve them right away.
- Cooking with an air fryer. Despite the fact that I haven’t personally tried the English Muffin Pizza air fryer method, I am aware that it is becoming increasingly popular! According to what I’ve read, an air fryer can be used to prepare English Muffin Pizzas. Pre-heat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the English muffin halves in the oven for 1 minute after it has been preheated. After 1 minute, remove from the oven and top each half with selected toppings. When you’re finished, put your halves back into the air fryer for an extra 4 minutes to cook. Preheat the air fryer to 320 degrees Fahrenheit before reheating the English Muffin Pizzas in it. Place your English Muffin Pizza in the oven for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the cheese is melted, once it has reached the proper temperature.
- My favorite of the English Muffin Pizzas we prepared was the one with sautéed mushrooms and spinach and pepperoni, which was my personal favorite. It’s Erin from the ’90s, who is a picky eater who only eats pepperoni pizza and little else, meeting Erin from the present, who is a fan of veggies and little pepperonis. And grown-up Erin is certainly not too sophisticated to sit down to an English Muffin Pizza for supper and savor every piece (and, hopefully, she never will be!). 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 whole wheat English muffins sliced in half
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce that has been made Tomato, pesto, or alfredo sauces are all options depending on your family’s preferences. (We make use of tomato.)
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese, provolone cheese, or any other cheese you like
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- a pinch of kosher salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- a pinch of kosher salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese, provolone cheese, or any other cheese you like
- a pinch of black pepper
- a pinch of kosher salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- Mini pepperonis (or normal pepperonis, quartered) or sautéed vegetables, such as spinach or mushrooms, are some of the options for toppings.
- Fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced, are optional for serving.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius). Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Place the English muffin halves, cut side up, on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Drizzle with a small amount of olive oil. Place in the oven and toast for about 4 minutes, or until the bread is slightly brown.
- Use the back of a spoon to spread 1 1/2 teaspoons pizza sauce over each one, being sure to cover the whole surface. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add mozzarella cheese and Italian spice on the top of the dish. Add any additional toppings if preferred
- bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the muffins are browned on the edges, depending on your preference. Fresh basil should be sprinkled on top. Take pleasure in it while it’s hot.
- TO REFRIGERATE: Place your English Muffin Pizzas in an airtight container, topping side up, and store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- TO FREEZE OR PREPARE AHEAD: Toast your English muffin halves according to package directions and top with whatever you choose. Using a baking sheet, arrange the English Muffin Pizzas with the toppings facing up and set in the freezer for at least two hours. Place each English Muffin Pizza in a freezer-safe container, separating layers of English Muffin Pizzas with parchment paper, and freeze until totally frozen.
- HEALTHY EATING FROM THE FROZEN: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place your frozen English Muffin Pizzas on a baking sheet and bake them for 15 minutes at 350°F. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are completely cooked
1 pizza per person Calories: 107 calories per serving 13 g of carbohydrates 6 g of protein 4 g of fat 2 g of saturated fat 9 milligrams of cholesterol Sodium: 311 milligrams Potassium: 148 milligrams 2 g of dietary fiber 3 g of sugar Vitamin A: 167 International Units 2 milligrams of vitamin C Calcium: 190 milligrams 1 milligram of iron
Join today and start saving your favorite recipes
Create an account to keep your favorite projects and instructions in one convenient location. Register This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the links and make a purchase, I will receive a small compensation at no additional cost to you.
You May Also Like
- 25 minutes are allotted.
- Hello, my name is Erin Clarke, and I’m a brave cook who is committed to creating nutritious cuisine that is economical, simple to prepare, and, most importantly, delicious.
- I’m the founder and recipe creator of wellplated.com, as well as the author of The Well Plated Cookbook.
- I enjoy both sweets and vegetables, and I’m on a quest to save you time and dishes by combining the two.
- Find out more about Erin.
Here’s How To Make English Muffin Pizzas Your Kids Will Love
Kids will go crazy for these small English muffin pizzas, which are a mini version of their favorite meal!Learn how to create English muffin pizzas without them becoming soggy in this tutorial.English muffin pizzas are a favorite of my children!
They request them on a regular basis, usually once a month.And because they are so simple and inexpensive to prepare, I have no hesitation in include them in my weekly meal plan.The best aspect is that they are completely customisable, meaning that everyone gets exactly what they desire!Allowing your children to participate in the preparation of English muffin pizzas will yield the best results.Ask them for topping recommendations, and then bring out a seat so that they may construct their own pizzas themselves.
They’ll appreciate them much more knowing that they put effort into making them.The possibilities for toppings are virtually limitless.Take a look at some of my recommendations for themed English muffin pizzas in the section below.
BREAK each muffin (original, multigrain, or whole wheat) in half with a butter knife to create two halves of each muffin.Toss equally in a toaster oven and TOAST on low for a few minutes or until lightly browned.Preparation: Prepare your chosen sauce (canned pasta sauce, marinara sauce, bbq sauce, alfredo sauce, salsa, etc.), any meat you intend to put on the pizzas, and any vegetables or fruit you intend to use on the pizzas.
Add a little amount of sauce to the English muffins and spread it about with a spoon once they’ve been toast for a few minutes.If you don’t want it to be soggy, a little goes a long way!Assemble the pie on a prepared baking sheet and top with cheese (parmesan, Colby jack, Mexican mix, or even feta if you’re making a Greek-style pizza), meat, and vegetables.BAKE at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the edges of the English muffins are crisp and golden.
English Muffin Pizza Topping Ideas
- I promised some ideas for toppings for English muffin pizzas, and I’m here to deliver on that promise. The following are some of our favorite combo recipes and some that I’d want to experiment with in the near future. The classic Marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and little pepperoni are all included.
- Chicken Barbeque Sauce
- Colby jack cheese
- shredded chicken
- red onions
- BBQ Chicken
- The ingredients include: Hawaiian Marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, pineapple, ham, and basil.
- Shredded chicken, crumbled bacon, green onions, and Alfredo sauce combine to make a delicious chicken Alfredo dish.
- Marinara sauce for meat lovers
- Colby jack cheese
- Pepperoni, crumbled sausage, and crumbled bacon are among the toppings.
- Margherita Marinara sauce
- extra-virgin olive oil
- fresh mozzarella cheese
- basil leaves
- Cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, red onion, and Greek olive oil are some of the ingredients in this dish.
More Like This
- If you’re looking for more kid-friendly recipes, look no further. You’re going to adore them! Recipes include: Cheesy Chicken Macaroni Casserole, Creamy Pasta Bake, Chicken and Broccoli Casserole with Mayo, Hawaiian Haystacks Sauce, and a variety of other dishes.
Who was it that created English muffin pizza?Samuel Bath Thomas, who lived in the 1800s, is credited with inventing the modern-day English muffin.It was in 1894 that these muffins gained the name ″English muffin″ after being referred to as ″toaster crumpet″ at the time of its creation.
We’re not sure who came up with the brilliant idea to transform these muffins into pizzas, but I’m glad they did!What is the secret to making English muffin pizzas that aren’t soggy?Whilst doing my research for this piece, I came across a number of inquiries wondering how to preserve an English muffin pizza from becoming soggy.It’s a good question because our pizzas frequently go mushy after only a few minutes of being taken out of the oven.And, as much as I hate to admit it, even after all of the times I’ve attempted to make these small pizzas on English muffins, I’ve never attempted to find out how to reverse the sogginess.
As a result, here is the trick: you must toast the English muffin first before you can add the sauce and toppings.You can quickly bake the muffins in the toaster while you prepare the other ingredients, and they’ll be perfectly crisp when you’re ready to construct the sandwich.Thank you so much to Morgan Manages Mommyhood for your brilliant suggestion!What is the best way to toast English muffins?
For these muffins, I prefer to bake them in a toaster oven.If you’re creating a large number of pizzas, this is the most convenient technique.Alternatively, you may toast your muffins in a conventional toaster or on the stovetop if desired.If you’re using a standard oven, make sure to set the rack at the very top of the oven so that the muffins toast fast.I hope your family enjoys this dish as much as mine did!Ensure that you snap a picture and tag me on Instagram with the hashtagashcroftfamilytable and the hashtagashcroftfamilytable if you manage to make it!
If you’d like to receive a 4-week meal plan that includes my recipes, simply enter your email address in the form above and it will be delivered to your inbox.
English Muffin Pizzas
- Kids will go crazy for these small English muffin pizzas, which are a mini version of their favorite meal! There are a plethora of topping options, so you can find something that everyone will enjoy. Preparation time: 10 minutes Preparation time: 10 minutes Time allotted: 20 minutes Dinner with a Course American Cuisine and Portion Sizes 12 slices of pizza Calories: 146 kilocalories 6 English muffins (or whatever you choose to call them).
- 1 cup sauce, marinara, alfredo, barbecue, or other similar sauce
- 1 cup cheese, such as mozzarella, colby jack, cheddar, or other similar cheese
- Toppings that are desired
- Using a butter knife, cut each English muffin in half lengthwise. Place the ingredients in an equal layer in a toaster oven and toast on low until lightly browned
- Obtain your chosen sauce, prepare any meat you intend to use, and cut the vegetables you intend to use on your pizzas
- Once the english muffins are toasted, pour a little bit of sauce on top of each one using a spoon to ensure even distribution. Spread out on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray and top with cheese, meat, and vegetables
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the edges of the English muffins are crisp
Mini pepperoni, shredded chicken, red onions, pineapple, diced ham, crumbled bacon, green onions, crumbled sausage, olive oil, basil leaves, feta, cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, and kalamata olives are just a few of the topping options.1 gram of protein per serving Calories: 146 calories per serving 23 g of carbohydrates 5 g of protein 4 g of fat 2 g of saturated fat 1 gram of polyunsaturated fat 1 gram of monounsaturated fat 10 milligrams of cholesterol Sodium: 192 milligrams Potassium: 47 milligrams 1 gram of fiber 1 gram of sugar 94 International Units of Vitamin A 1 milligram of vitamin C Calcium: 83 milligrams 1 milligram of iron English muffin pizzas, how to create English muffin pizzas, tiny pizzas on English muffins are all terms that come to mind.
Toaster Oven English Muffin Pizzas
English Muffin Pizzas may be made in about 10 minutes with only 5 components or less ingredients.This dish is one of my favorite ways to get youngsters involved in the kitchen, and it also provides a quick lunch or after-school snack for the whole family.This store has been rewarded by Inmar Intelligence and the advertiser who has placed the advertisement.
All of my opinions are entirely my own.ThomasKitchenCreations Looking for a fast and easy lunch meal or a mid-afternoon snack food?Look no further.ME!I collaborated with my friends from Thomas’® English Muffins to produce this traditional childhood recipe of mine that has become a family favorite.
My spouse and I both grew up in a household where we made English Muffin Pizzas with our parents.The fact that we will be able to share this recipe with our children and create memories that will last a lifetime with them fills us with joy and happiness.That they are crispy on the exterior and soft and chewy on the inside is what we enjoy most about Thomas’® English Muffins.In fact, they are the only English muffin that has the original Nooks & Crannies® texture!
- Thomas’® Original Nooks and Crannies® English Muffins — This is the foundation of this recipe and is an absolute must-have
- Marinara Sauce- Feel free to substitute your preferred sauce. In my refrigerator and/or pantry, I always have a container of honey on hand for emergencies.
- It is possible to purchase pre-shredded mozzarella cheese, or you may shred it yourself from a block of mozzarella cheese!
- Pepperoni — I use whatever I happen to have on hand at the time. You may use tiny pepperoni or even turkey pepperoni for this recipe!
- Fresh basil – This brightens up the English muffin pizza dish by adding a touch of flavor. You shouldn’t be concerned if you don’t have it on hand. Because we cultivate our own basil, my children like picking leaves from the plant to use in their meals.
Split two Thomas’® Original Nooks and Crannies® English Muffins in half using your hands or a fork.Place on a small baking sheet coated with aluminum foil or parchment paper for use in a toaster oven.Preheat the toaster oven (or standard oven) to 350 degrees Fahrenheit before you begin baking.
Open a Thomas’® Original Nooks and Crannies® English Muffin and spread one spoonful of marinara sauce on the inside of the muffin.Then add one spoonful of mozzarella cheese on top of it.After that, place two slices of pepperoni on top of the pizza.Continually repeat the process until all four Thomas’® Original Nooks and Crannies® English Muffin pizzas are made.Toaster oven: Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted but not burned in the toaster oven.
Remove the bread from the toaster oven and, if wanted, decorate with freshly torn basil leaves.Take pleasure in it right away.
English Muffin Pizza Air Fryer
- In the event that you have an Air Fryer and wish to prepare these English Muffin Pizzas in it, you will be able to cook them in no time! The Air Fryer should be heated to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The English Muffin Pizzas should be assembled in the manner specified in the instructions.
- Heat the air fryer for 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the English Muffins are crispy.
Cooking Tip with Kids
Recipes like this one (as well as my pizza toast recipe) are excellent ways to get your children involved in the kitchen and learn new skills.Using a fork, I will cut each of the Thomas’® Original Nooks and Crannies® English Muffins into two halves.After that, arrange all of the ingredients in small dishes.
My children are standing on step stools in the kitchen, assembling their very own English Muffin Pizzas from scratch.They are completely enthralled by the experience.It has been my experience that when my children assist me in the kitchen, they eat significantly more of the meal.Instead of turning on my oven and generating more heat in my house (unless it’s winter in Florida, in which case I’ll be thrilled to turn on the oven), I nearly always bake pizza in a toaster oven instead.
Is it possible to bake English muffins in the oven?Yes, without a doubt!Do not be concerned if you do not have a toaster.
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).Toast for about 10 minutes (turning halfway through) or until the bread is a golden brown.What is the reason for the fork split in English muffins?In addition to having holes on the interior (also known as nooks and crannies), Thomas’ English muffins are finest when ″fork-split,″ which keeps the nooks and crannies in place.In the event that you were to slice an English Muffin with a knife, these nooks and crannies would be missed!
What is the secret to making English muffin pizzas that aren’t soggy?Bake the English Muffins for a few minutes before adding the toppings to make them a little more tender.Also, avoid slathering an excessive quantity of sauce on top of the pizza muffins recipe before baking.A little sauce goes a long way when it comes to dipping.
The muffin pizza does not go soggy if it is consumed immediately after it comes out of the oven, according to my observations.
Kid Friendly Recipes
- Looking for more recipes that are suitable for children? The following are some of my favorite recipes for getting my children involved in the kitchen! Snack Mix for Kids
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Homemade Lemonade
- Banana Blueberry Muffins
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Balls
- Mixed Berry Smoothie
- Banana Blueberry Muffins
- If you make these English muffin pizzas, I would really appreciate it if you could give a star rating and a comment on this post. I spend countless hours inventing and testing these recipes, and I always appreciate hearing about people’s reactions and experiences. Keep up with me on social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram, as well as by subscribing to my email list! 8 pepperoni divided
- 2 Thomas’® Original Nooks and Crannies® English Muffins hand or fork-split in half
- 4 tablespoon Marinara Sauce divided
- 4 tablespoon Shredded Mozzarella Cheese divided
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Basil for Garnish
- Two Thomas’® Original Nooks and Crannies® English Muffins should be divided in half with a fork. Place on a small baking sheet coated with aluminum foil or parchment paper for use in a toaster oven
- Toss the ingredients in a toaster oven and toast until golden brown.
- Split a Thomas’® Original Nooks and Crannies® English Muffin and spread one spoonful of marinara sauce on the bottom half of the muffin. Add a tablespoon of mozzarella cheese and two pepperoni slices on top of it, and you’re done. Make as many Thomas’® Original Nooks and Crannies® English Muffin pizzas as you like until you have four total.
- For best results, bake for 5 minutes in a toaster oven until the cheese is melted but not burned.
- Remove the bread from the toaster oven and, if wanted, decorate with freshly torn basil leaves. Take pleasure in the moment
- An English Muffin should always be ″fork divided.″ This helps to preserve the Nooks and Crannies
- it also encourages children to participate in the preparation of their own food. Prepare English Muffins with a fork for them, then arrange the ingredients in separate dishes. Take them through the process and see their faces light up with delight as they devour their very own creation
165IU of vitamin A |1mg of vitamin C |89mg of calcium |
1mg of iron |14g of carbohydrates |7g of protein |6g of fat (3g of saturated fat) |16mg of cholesterol |
Sodium: 374mg |Potassium: 109mg |Fiber: 1g |Sugar: 1g |
Vitamin A: 165IU of vitamin C |Calcium: 89mg |Iron: 1mg A disclaimer is included in this post since it contains affiliate links.That is, if you click on a link and make a purchase, the affiliate will receive a commission.You will not be charged any further fees because I will earn a tiny share of the transaction.Please accept my sincere gratitude for your continued patronage of Katie’s Cucina!
The author, Katie, is a working mom of two children who enjoys feeding her family excellent meals that don’t take hours to prepare.She began writing her blog ten years ago as a means to inspire others to go in the kitchen and cook.
Here’s How to Make the Very Best English Muffin Pizza
It’s impossible to top the ease and comfort of English muffin pizza, especially when it’s homemade.It is equally popular with children as it is with stressed adults who like the cheesy hand-held delight.Split a couple store-bought English muffins in half and top them with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and any additional toppings you choose.
Broil until the cheese is melted and the English muffins are gooey.It doesn’t get any easier than this for pizza night.
How Do You Keep English Muffin Pizzas from Getting Soggy?
When it comes to preventing English muffin pizzas from becoming soggy, it is important to toast the split muffins before adding sauce and cheese. This avoids the nooks and crannies from absorbing too much of the sauce’s moisture, and it also prevents a soggy English muffin crust from developing.
How Long Do You Cook an English Muffin Pizza?
Incredibly quick and easy, you can make an English muffin pizza in minutes. The split English muffins will require approximately five minutes in the oven to toast before being topped with the pizzas, which will only need three to four minutes under the broiler to melt the cheese and properly cook the pizzas.
English Muffin Pizza Topping Ideas
One of the most enjoyable aspects of this dish is that it allows the entire family to construct their own unique pizzas. Some of our favorite topping possibilities are listed below. Easy to make, these cheesy English muffin pizzas may be topped and adorned with whatever ingredients you like, from pepperoni and olives to mushrooms and freshly chopped basil.
- 3/4 cup pizza or marinara sauce, divided
- 1 1/2 cups shredded low-moisture mozzarella cheese (about 6 ounces), divided
- 4 English muffins
- Optional toppings include: Mini pepperoni, sliced olives, and sautéed mushrooms are among the toppings.
- Optional garnishes include: Fresh basil leaves torn into small pieces, grated Parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit with a rack 6 to 8 inches below the broiling element. Prepare a baking sheet with a rim using parchment paper.
- Using a fork, split four English muffins in half lengthwise. Place the cut-side up on the baking sheet that has been prepared. Toast in the oven for about 5 minutes, or until the bread is very lightly toasted. Place the pan aside and preheat the oven to broil
- 1 1/2 tbsp on each side of the English muffins) and spread to the borders of the English muffins with 3/4 cup pizza or marinara sauce 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese should be sprinkled on top. If desired, garnish with additional toppings.
- 3 to 4 minutes under the broiler, flipping the baking sheet halfway through, until the cheese is melted and browned in areas. Serve with fresh basil leaves, grated Parmesan cheese, and/or red pepper flakes, if preferred.
Prepare ahead of time: You may build the pizzas and keep them refrigerated unbaked for up to 1 day in advance, or you can freeze them for up to 1 month.Freeze on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper until firm, then transfer to an airtight container or big zip-top bag to keep frozen.Bake directly from the freezer (no need to defrost) at 375°F for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the pizzas are cooked through.
Storage: Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 4 days if they are stored properly.Sheela Prakash is a woman who works in the fashion industry.Contributing Food Editor at a senior level Sheela is a Senior Contributing Food Editor at Kitchn and the author of Mediterranean Every Day: Simple, Inspired Recipes for Feel-Good Food, which was published by Kitchn in 2013.She graduated with honors from the University of Gastronomic Sciences in Italy, and she is also a Registered Dietitian in the state of New York.Sheela should be followed.
How Long To Toast English Muffins In The Oven: Quick And Easy Recipe
English muffins are a fantastic low-calorie substitute for white bread, even whole wheat bread, because they have less calories.The bulk of these calories come from carbs, which are healthy for your brain and muscles since they provide you with energy.You can make your own English muffins from scratch.
Alternatively, you may get them from your favorite bakery and toast them at home.Learn how long to toast English muffins in the oven for a tender-crisp texture in your next snack or breakfast treat.
- The following components should be prepared in order to produce four to five dozens of mini toasts: 6 English muffins, uncut
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 6 teaspoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, roughly rounded
Please keep in mind that this recipe only works with unsplit muffins, not with pre-cut muffins. The entire procedure for how to toast English muffins is straightforward. Let’s get this party started!
If you do not have a toaster that can accept bread, such as English muffins, at home, the oven might be of great assistance. Follow these simple instructions to toast English muffins in the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Preheat the oven to 350°F with the rack in the middle position. Heat it to 350 to 375 degrees Fahrenheit after that.
- Cut your muffins in half crosswise, then in half again.
- Place them cut-side down on a large baking sheet with a rim.
- Place them in the middle of the oven’s rack
- Butter the muffins before baking them.
- Placing them in the oven and baking until they are pale golden is a good idea. It should only take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. Keep a watch on your muffins, though, to ensure that they do not get overcooked.
- Bake for another 10 minutes on the other side of each slice.
- Take the muffins out of the oven and set them aside.
- Sprinkle salt on the buttered sides of the pan.
- Serve them while they’re still warm.
- If you intend to serve the muffins the following day, allow them to cool fully before covering them. Afterwards, store the muffins in an airtight container to keep them fresh.
You may bake your muffins for a longer period of time if you like a darker toast. However, do not allow them to catch fire.
Use The Broiler Setting
How to toast English muffins in the oven more quickly is demonstrated here.
- Bake at broil for about 10 minutes.
- To make your muffins, cut them in half.
- Place the slices on a baking sheet
- As soon as the oven is warmed, place the pan on the top rack of the oven, which should be closest to the broiler.
- Keep a tight eye on your muffins to prevent them from burning. For each side, it should take around two minutes to toast.
- Put a butter cube on each piece of bread a minute before you take them out of the oven.
- Enjoy the buttery taste as soon as you take them out of the oven.
No problem if you don’t have a toaster.The quick and simple techniques outlined here will help you toast your bread in the oven.Keep in mind that the amount of time you spend toasting English muffins in the oven will depend on how black you want your toasts to be.
When toasting, do not leave the device unattended for more than a few minutes.Keep an eye on your toasts to ensure that you get the crisp that you seek.
4 Proven Ways: How To Heat Up An English Muffin
Traditionally, English Muffins have been used as the bread component of the morning muffin, but they’re also delicious when just toasted with some butter and jam as a lighter alternative to thicker bread.They come on our shelves already cooked, allowing them to be consumed right out of the package.However, for the best results, they should be toasted or heated up to soften them and improve their flavor before eating.
It is common for English Muffins to be quite light in color and very dry when purchased from a bakery.When English muffins are baked, they are frequently rolled in semolina flour, which gives the outside of the muffin a crispy quality when it is cooked.Using a toaster or a grill, brown each side of the muffin for a crispier texture and more flavor.Toasting an English Muffin is the best technique to heat up an English Muffin for the greatest results.As a result, I’ve done some experimentation with different methods of heating and toasting English Muffins so that I can share the findings with you.
Continue reading to learn more about how to heat English Muffins, as well as some options if you don’t have a toaster or a grill, as well as some advice on how to obtain the best results while heating English Muffins.
How to Toast an English Muffin
Depending on where you buy your English Muffins, some will be pre-cut, but if not, they may be simply sliced with a serrated bread knife or torn apart with your fingers. Pulling them apart can improve the crispy texture of the finished product once they’ve been toasted, but it can also result in the uneven fluffy bits of the finished product burning as they cook.
Toasting English Muffins Under a Grill
Place each half of an English Muffin on a grill plate under a grill if you have an element (which is commonly integrated into most cookers/ovens), flipping them halfway through to toast to the appropriate color on each side, until golden brown.
Whenever I butter a muffin, I always toa